TIMBER STRUCTURAL DESIGNER
Main Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Our designers / engineers produce software-designed structures (floors, walls, frames, roof trusses) for use in residential and commercial construction projects;
- Our structural designers interpret architectural plans and drawings to create layout plans and cutting lists that are then fully engineered and ready for processing by the manufacturer for use on site.
Your work will include:
- Designing and engineer residential and commercial structures using a CAD software;
- Produce fully designed, optimized roof, wall and floor layout systems according to the customer requirements, blueprints, and engineered specifications;
- Learning and understanding International Building codes.
Skills & Experience:
Formal Qualifications: Background, experience, or technical qualifications in construction, engineering or estimating. A minimum College or University qualification is preferred but not essential.
Mathematics: You should possess good mathematical / numerical skills including trigonometry.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and smart;
- Basic understanding and general knowledge of the building / construction industry is preferred;
- Demonstrate a good attention to detail;
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural drawings;
- Ability to visualize structures and shapes based on construction plans and specifications;
- Good working knowledge of Excel is required;
- Show strong initiative in problem solving;
- We communicate in English language with our customers. It is essential you are able to read and write in English – in particular to be able to read technical drawings in English;
- Spoken English is beneficial but not essential.
One of our Core Values is that “Customer Service is based on Quality and Responsibility”.
With a strong and loyal customer base located around the world, we pride ourselves on providing every customer with quality work and exceptional service. An ability to produce high-quality and accurate work whilst meeting deadlines is essential.
Operating in the in the field of building engineering and design means that your customers demand high-quality results. You must be prepared to work and deliver agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for our customers.
Share this entry
46 Monash Drive,
Dandenong South Victoria 3175
16023 Swingley Ridge Rd
Chesterfield, MO 63017
A5 Building, Parcel A5
E-Office Park, Sang Tao Street
Tan Thuan EPZ, Tan Thuan Dong Ward
District 7, HCMC, Vietnam
+84 28 3620 7740
+84 28 3620 7743